Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What to do on Bedrest?!



Well I haven't paid much attention to this little blog of mine, but it's time I start! ;) I'm almost 19 weeks pregnant and am now on bed rest due to torn placenta / placenta previa issues. We are praying that all heals and everything will turn out just fine! BUT being on bed rest is no joke! I have only been on it for about 3 weeks and find out this week if I am able to come off of it, so by NO MEANS do I think I have it "so bad" ... I know of a very sweet best friend of mine that was on it for much longer than I! ... She actually has helped me so much during this time and I thank you for that sweet friend ;)

Anyways, the first few days I faired okay just by watching tv (Bravo & HGTV constantly), but that quickly got old. I think I have officially watched every episode of "Fixer Upper" at least 3 times (and I'm not complaining. I just love that adorable couple!). SO, here is what I have been up to and maybe it can help a few other ladies out there going through bed rest as well! **Please keep in mind, that my bed rest is not "complete" bed rest. I am able to get up and go the restroom or get something to eat. So if you're on complete and total bed rest then please ask for help!!!**

1. Read! And read something out of your comfort zone! I don't get much time to read since I have a toddler (that kid ain't gonna let me read!), but I do love to when I can! I got onto Pinterest and looked up stuff like "top books of 2015", "Top Books", "Mystery Books", etc. I decided to get into a good mystery book hoping that I wouldn't get bored and want to put it down. I have a couple that I've ordered, but I'm reading "In the Woods" by Tana French. IT'S GOOD!
2. YouTube! Yes, good ol' YouTube. I find that makeup tutorials are SO interesting and SO fun to watch. That might just be me ;) Lauren Curtis has some of the best ones! So does MakeupByAlli. Hair tutorials are also super fun to watch and help pass the time!
3. Manicures! You won't have to worry about messing up those newly painted claws since you can't do much ;) But seriously, I have been painting my nails like crazy! It's fun, it works
4. Work! I own an online boutique, so I'm able to spend my time working on marketing stuff on social media, my blog for that site, and shopping for items for my store. But if you don't have something like that, just work on whatever else you think might be entertaining...create a menu list with recipes and stuff saved from Pinterest...If you're anything like me you CANT WAIT to get back in the kitchen! Maybe work on updating addresses of friends and family. Get online and make a photo album with pictures you have saved...there are lots of sites that can send them to you after you create it! Just google 'online photo album'.
5. Shop! Yes Amazon has become my best friend lately. It's nearing Christmas so gift shopping has become fun. Book shopping is fun as well through Amazon. Having goodies being delivered to you is always fun ;)
6. Color! My step-mom-in-law sent me an adult coloring book with some coloring pencils and I love it! It really helps to pass the time and takes your mind off things.  Purchased from Amazon
7. Movies! Have someone pop you some popcorn, curl up with your favorite blanket, and watch movies! Watch some that you never thought you'd watch normally. Or even get into a show series! That REALLY helps to pass the time! My faves are Scandal or Ray Donovan


The whole point of this is to do things that you wouldn't normally do due to limited time or work. Things you always think 'man if only I had the time to do that'. I know there are only 7 ideas listed, but hopefully that will help some of you or give you inspiration to come up with other ideas. If anyone reading this is on bed rest, I wish you the best from the bottom of my heart! They say time heals all wounds! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment