Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hypothyroidism: Take 2

I have been getting TONS of feedback from my Hypothyroidism post! Thank you, everyone, for your messages and questions! I have been asked quite a few times about an update on it all and after seeking out an endocrinologist, having new blood work drawn, and having an ultra sound of my thyroid I have new results!- my thyroid is now back to normal! - going from a tsh level of 8.9 now down to 3.45 (normal range is .45-4.50) (of course tons of other levels were checked but I won't list everything). 

I had an ultra sound done and she said my thyroid looked abnormal and there was blood flow going through it which shouldn't be there (signs of either Graves' disease or Hashimoto's), however, now that the blood work is back it clearly shows that everything is okay...maybe I just have a weird thyroid gland?...There will be more questions asked for sure! I have low B12 and Vitamin D levels, so I just need to up the vitamin intake. My doctor is keeping me on the dosage that I was originally prescribed and I go back in 2 months for a follow up.

I thought the doctor was crazy when she said that my continuous "feeling bad" was just my body regulating itself back to "normal" ranges...it was awful, however now I'm feeling A LOT better! I still have rough days, but it's better than it being like that everyday! - The anxiety has subsided considerably, the crashing, the feeling "off", the disconnect feeling, the "speed" feeling, etc. they have all subsided! 

If you are currently in the process of starting your meds, just hang in there!!... It will get better! If it doesn't, the thyroid levels will let doctor know at your next visit.

Keep the feedback coming! It's interesting to hear everyone's take on this and stories!

Happy Thyroid! 

Follow me on instagram @aubscash
 

No comments:

Post a Comment