Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What to take to the hospital!?

I wanted to write about this before I even had my baby boy and discuss what I packed for the hospital, however, I decided to wait until after Crue was born that way I would really know what I needed and didn't need (obviously). I read all sorts of blogs, pins on Pinterest, etc on "what to pack for you and baby" and kind of took information from all of it and packed my own way. Basically, I packed a bag for myself, my husband, and a diaper bag for Crue (this part was SO FUN). Of course, I over-packed given that I was SO excited, however, MOST of it I actually used! **By the way, if you find yourself packing and re-packing the diaper bag, don't fear, this is normal...right?**


Mommy's bag
-2 pairs of yoga pants (a must!) with a few nursing tanks (I really only stayed in 2)
-robe --I wore this a lot as I had to stay a little longer at the hospital then expected.
-undies (granny panties ladies!)
-toiletries (the necessities) --- Bring chapstick! The hospital air is very dry
-slippers (I really only ended up wearing socks or my cushy yellowbox flip flops) & my chucks (wore these home)
-an outfit for going home. I basically pieced together a cute lounge outfit and I'm so glad for that (remember pictures!)
-phone charger
-birth plan (I had a pretty run-of-the-mill plan so I didn't even pass these out to the nurses)
-normal pads! ... No joke, the hospital ones are HUGE and you really only use them for the first day or so
-Boobie pads (if you're breastfeeding) / nipple cream
-a book or something you that entertains you (I just play on my phone)
-a couple nights worth of pj's
-Belly Bandit and never even wore it. I had complications with my epidural, so anything pushing on my back was no dice! But don't forget yours if you're into wearing one after baby!
-A list of questions to ask nurses and your lactation consultant 

My husbands bag
-phone charger
-ipad
-money for the cafeteria / drink machine
-change of clothes
-toiletries 
-books / magazines
-a list of all the important names to call
-all the necessary paperwork for the hospital




For baby    *Now this was FUN*
....I just LOVE his diaper bag...Thanks Jules! <3
-several sized outfits-- I took NB size and then 0-3 month size clothes and I'm glad I did! He ended up being 9.6 lbs and the monster didn't even fit in any of the NB stuff I bought for him! My Dr. was way off. The hospital will dress him in white onesies, but I wanted him to have his own clothes.
-diapers and wipes --the hospital has tons though ... I don't even think I used mine but it doesn't hurt to have
-baby brush
-going home outfit --have a backup..again, for the sizing issue. Make sure it's weather applicable!- I live in Texas and it is HOT in June...He wore a little terry cloth romper, hat, and socks and was swaddled in a light weight blanket and he was plenty warm for th
e short ride back home. 
-I bought Crue a little bear when I first found out about him so I packed that
-blankies!
-hats, mittens (Crue hated his), socks
-I wish I had taken a large file folder with us that fastened shut...You get TONS of paperwork for you and baby!
-a baby file for his nails. They're so soft when they're born that they're hard to clip just in case they're long.
-a couple different types of pacifiers. They give you the avent ones that don't have the little handle (they gave us tons!) but Crue didn't like these. He was a fan of the 'nuk'...still is.
-take your breast pump just in case, or have it ready for someone to get from your house. Crue latched on so I didn't need my husband to get mine, but I realized it was a possibility if he didn't latch. 
-baby lotion and soap-- the hospital bathes him but again, I felt the need for Crue to have his own stuff just in case (These are some of the "extras" that I didn't need but liked having)
-of course his car seat! The nurse that wheels you out will make sure it's fastened in the vehicle before you leave.


If we're blessed to have another child, I would pack these bags the exact same way. Something about having all the extras made me feel more comfy..But everyone is different!  






Follow me on instagram @aubscash

No comments:

Post a Comment